Friday, August 23, 2024

What’s up blogettes




During the car ride to school this morning my kids and I had such an animated conversation about an old blog post I wrote about Gavin.

We were talking about bullying etc. and in my mind I remembered a post I wrote about this but kept the thought to myself.

And then, **lo and behold**, Gigi’s like, “Mom like that post you wrote about Gavin bullying that big boy on your blog?!”

http://charmedandblessed.blogspot.com/search/label/Bullying?m=0

And there you go: my purposeful mom posts from 11 years ago to cement my ephemeral motherhood experiences of a 3 and 5 year old are now starting to pay dividends because my kids (14 & 16) LOVE reading stories about themselves in their younger years!

It’s so freakin sweet how we were dissecting that lesson and to this day I still remember that gentlemanly father who taught his big boy well.

Anyhoo, just wanting to share my wins since it is Friday and I have been positive and productive as a honey bee.

Check out my babies 9th & 11th grade school pics.


Update

Gavin, for the record, is an apt defender of his sister and anyone he cares for.

Two years ago the assistant principal of his middle school called me saying some kid was giving his sister and girlfriend at the time a problem and was being overtly physical and handsy etc., and Gavin set the kid straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment