Saturday, November 13, 2010

Artful Saturday

Our little six month old is under the weather with a cold so Gerald and I have decided it would be in Gavin's best health interest that we not expose him to crowds, people etc. With that said Gavin and I are going to be home all day and although I feel a little left out with today's festivities (a dear friend's son's birthday party and Pac-man fight night,) I've decided to make the best out of this Saturday at home..Hence today's theme: "Artful Saturday." This entry will be more about "doing" rather than "writing." Here are a couple small, easy, artsy thingies I'll be working on in between caring for Gavin and doing chores:

Celebratory Place-cards for Gavin's Baptismal Celebration (due to many upcoming "big" family events we've decided to scale down this celebration with an intimate family dinner)


Small chocolate favors to make the table setting more festive

Creating photo ornaments capturing the year's top 10 Family Occasions/Celebrations
Creating our very first DePerio Family Bulletin highlighting our favorite memories from Fall 2010




Have a charmed & blessed weekend all!!

**UPDATE**

I found a beautiful Baptismal Prayer below and printed it on the back of the Celebratory Place-cards. Out of this I became inspired to print the prayer and customize it with Gavin's name so that we can recite it as we say grace before dinner.

Below are the final pieces. I now feel complete and can finally go to bed. Goodnight!

The beautiful Baptismal Prayer
Personalized the Baptismal Prayer for my boy = )
The finished pieces =D

No comments:

Post a Comment