Monday, November 28, 2011

Single-tasking

I know a myriad of very efficient multi-taskers and I, without a shadow of a doubt, am not one of them.

For me, the less I tasks I juggle at one time, the more calm and content I feel. The more I attempt to do, the more frazzled and snappy I feel.

To give myself a little credit, I can multitask a tad bit. Like right now, while the kids nap, I make phone calls for work, run the dryer, and write. To me, that's multitasking enough because I find that I can be overstimulated very quickly.

At least I know what works for me: I need space and quiet to work efficiently. If these conditions are met, I more than usually produce stellar results. If they are not, I find myself in a crappy mood and the results are mediocre and half-ass. Who wants that?!

My dream one day is to get paid to write. I'm not quite sure in what kind of capacity but I just want to put that out there to the Universe because this is what my heart wants. Like running, when I write I feel the most free. Very capable. And I like myself the most when I am engaged in these two activities.

In the meantime, I will continue finding the moments during my day that make me smile and encourage me to keep chugging along, one-task-at-a-time =)

Here's to enjoying the ride!

*Weeeeee!!!!*


No comments:

Post a Comment