Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Aulani 2012: travel planning

My personalized planner. Can't function without it!

Got a bunch of things on my to do list that are travel related so I may as well blog about it so that I can put in a quick post.

I really want to learn from all experiences so taking the time to write and reflect helps me identify the things that are working and those that aren't.

Our last trip was a short one to Las Vegas earlier this month and there are two glaringly wrong things I did:

(1) Packed late the night before which lead to a lack of sleep which (2) contributed to the night before's lack of sleep which made me a grump that first day. No to mention lethargic. Boo.

For Aulani, I am packing for the kids and I- Gerald does his own packing as he is very particular in what he brings. I appreciate this because I have one less person to pack for = )

Last year's trip to Kaui I was so focused on packing lightly and efficiently that I did not focus on a very important detail, our FLIGHT TIME (we did not check in any luggage, a big deal for a family of four!). Due to this we MISSED our FLIGHT. Ughh. Tough lesson there, will write about this later.

This time around, I am making an effort to complete laundry three days prior to travel and to pack two days before travel day.

I am also rising earlier, today at 3:20 am to get stuff done. This ensures I get to bed at a decent time as sleep is essential to traveling happily.

That's it for now. This post is mostly for me. To keep me accountable on my blogging goals.

Hope anyone who stumbles on this has an awesome day!




No comments:

Post a Comment