Sunday, May 1, 2011

Small world & friends part 1

DePerio Family April 2011


As I've mentioned before, blogging is best when it is fresh, and your body and mind is still reeling from whatever it was excited about.

Less than twelve hours ago my little family and I were at Disneyland where we vacationed with Christina and her own little family :) We did so much in the six days we were there, I decided I better write about it because this was something I did not want to forget nor purely rely on my memory to remember. Don't get me wrong, vacationing with small children has its drawbacks: the tantrums, meltdowns, ALL THAT kiddie gear (strollers, bottles, formula, snacks, coolers, bjorn, blankies, books, toys, spare clothes etc), and of course, spousal spats. BUT, if you are emotionally, mentally, spiritually, & physically strong enough to weather the bad, I guarantee that a trip to the Happiest Play on Earth will be one that will go down in history as one of the best family vacations..ever! (At least for us it was! :) = ) ;D )

I'm not even sure where to begin so I'll start in the beginning.

Day 1: Travel day and trip objectives

We left home at about 6 pm exactly one week from today and got to WorldMark, Anaheim. Christina and I are total planners and we had three objectives for the trip: 1) to have fun, 2) save money, & 3) lose weight (or at the very least not gain weight.) The having fun part was fairly easy, we got hoppers to both Disneyland Parks and the hotel had three swimming pools. The saving money part came in a couple ways: #1 we ate breakfast at the hotel, brought lunch & snacks to the park, and only dined out for dinner. We actually ate in a few nights because there was a fully stocked kitchen so we cooked, ate leftovers, and our family only went out to eat only three times in six days! My experience in traveling is eating out = gaining weight and I REALLY did not want this to happen. All that sodium, oil, and whatever they put in that you don't know about will easily fatten you up. So not only did the making our meals save us money, it allowed Christina to fit in her skinny jeans and I lost 1 pound! Now, that's what I'm talking about! Let's not forget exercise. We walked everywhere! Each day at Disneyland, we walked to and from the park from our hotel with each adult pushing a stroller, hence our "Stroller Brigade." And the days we did not go to the park, we walked to whatever destination we were going to. That's two miles + pushing a stroller + another 2 plus miles in the park x 3 days + 4 mile jog I did + 4 miles on non-park days and that's a whopping 20 miles in six days!! At the end of the day, both adults & kiddies were totally pooped!

Gigi, Gavin, Lizzie, Chloe, & Ben




Day 2: Relax from traveling, go grocery shopping, and go to the pool

The second day we decided to slowly "break-in" vacation mode by taking it slow. We went shopping for groceries, took the kids swimming, hung out with Steph/Jay and fam at the pool, and ate in. For dinner, Christina made a super yummy & figure friendly chicken lasagna from scratch. YUM-O! Here are some pics:










Days 3 - 6: To be continued..(mouths need to be fed and bodies need to be put to bed)

No comments:

Post a Comment