Thursday, December 30, 2010

uh. Change

For the most part, I am not a fan of change. Lately though, life events have got me re-wiring my thinking and just jumping into it..the feeling akin to jumping into a cold pool. The best way to acclimate the body is full immersion. So me, being me, that is exactly what I'm doing. These are the top three changes I am currently working on:

1) Weight Watchers.

They have this new program called Points Plus and last night I reviewed my material and today started tracking via this new system and lo and behold it was not as "difficult" as I thought it was going to be. I actually "enjoy" tracking electronically via ipad, latop, or android.

*As an update, I am happy to report that as of this morning's weigh-in I have maintained the weight I've lost through the old system and somehow managed to lose 2 pounds without trying ...That I can attribute to nursing and Gavin's most recent growth spurt.*

hassle free tracking


2) Fix yo-self-up girl!

I thought that I ascribed to the mind set of "look good, feel good" but now mother to two my mantra most resembles "comfy = frumpy." In my everyday-frump-gear, one would not believe that I once upon a time held the title of "Best Dressed" in high school. To be honest, these days I've not even taken the time to figure out  what looks good on me, so I wear whatever. Today, I changed this by putting on my contacts because I hear glasses age you at least 10 years. Then I put on some makeup. Tomorrow, I'm going to schedule a shopping date with my sexy sissy who is the least frumpy person I know (and love)!

hello? who is THAT?


3) Moving more

The word "exercise" to me conjures up negative images of myself getting very tired, very fast. So, I am changing that word to "moving." Dancing, jogging, even walking with Gavin in the bjorn. SOMETHING for a sustained period of time, everyday. Gerald and I were just talking about how we've eased up on our "moving" and how we want to increase our energy levels. He starts Crossfit this Sunday and me well, I'm going to do some dancing while Gavin naps ;D

"change the lightbulb"arms


Cheers all, to Change..and have a Charmed & Blessed 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment