Friday, December 16, 2011

What really matters

Gavin, Mang, & Gigi

I gave Gigi the choice this morning to either go to her school's holiday party or have brunch with Mang (her great grandma), Gavin, & I. She chose to come with us and I was pleasantly surprised :)
Gigi chose the venue: IHOP


Fiercely independent. Touch him while he's trying to feed himself and you'll get slapped.

Getting out of the house was a whole 'nother story though. Gavin was extra clingy and Gigi decided to mimic his behavior. Two munchkins crying, screaming, grabbing at you while you're trying to get ready is not fun. I thought about cancelling brunch for fear they would continue being little monsters in public..but I did not.

bellies full hearts happy :)

My grandma is in her late 70's and I'd been thinking about her a lot lately. She was a big part of my childhood and unfortunately, is known to play favorites with her own children & grandchildren. I really wish she would have spread her love a little bit more judiciously but some people are just not emotionally equipped to do that. She is my only grandparent alive and despite her faults I have a super soft spot for her and love her dearly.

"Mommy, take a picture of us"

We don't choose our parents or grandparents. As imperfect as we all are the best gift we can give each other is acceptance..you know full-on, meaning loving them for all their glory and gore, lol ;D It appears that leading by example works as Gigi chose to spend her time with great grandma, a choice her mama is definitely proud of =)

Happy Friday all :)



No comments:

Post a Comment