Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Coyote Hills Regional Park


I've grown up in the southern part of the east bay and the first time I went to Coyote Hills was early January of this year. Ever since my discovery, I have been coming back to these hills, week after week. Rain or shine, for six straight weeks, I find myself here to run, hike, enjoy nature, and the beautiful scenery. 



The trail I've gotten to know the most is Muskrat Trail. Check out the Muskrat-ish looking creature I met above. Was it following me or was I following it? I don't know. All I know is I got lost (a handful of times.) But, I eventually find my way back. As an fyi, GPS does not work here, I tried it. Please PAY ATTENTION!



This is Bayview Trail which I discovered last week. Can you say beeee-yoooo-ti-ful! Ah... And the feeling you get walking/biking/running this trail is serenely exquisite.



This is Bayview trail heading toward Soaproot Trail..on my way to get a nice incline run :)


Words of advice: the best uphill workouts are off the beaten path. Literally. You have to get off the pavement and find the trails hikers have trodden upon. First of all, these paths are visible and have already been laid out for you. All you have to do is follow it. It's a little safe and a little scary because you're not sure where they'll lead. All of the ones I've chosen have led to very cool, hill top vistas. I highly recommend this!

CAUTION: Running uphill is tough but running downhill, can be scary! Really. BE. CAREFUL.



My "hill days" are usually Sundays. This weekly ritual is not only something I look forward to, but now crave. Being out there just feels right. You know: and Good. Tough. Scenic. Fun. That's all me baby!


Plus, it is a fantastic way to start off the week. I feel like if I can jog, run, climb these hilly beauts, I can accomplish whatever pops up during the week..with strength and a smile :)


Here's to creating happy and healthy rituals!

I hope you have yours and if you don't, please CREATE ONE! You'll thank me later.

Have a charmed & blessed week friends!



= )

For you Yelpers out there, here are more reviews about my new favorite place in town:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/coyote-hills-regional-park-fremont

No comments:

Post a Comment