Monday, March 12, 2012

Everyday Escapes



Last Wednesday I took the kiddies to Coyote Hills.


Here they are checking out the map above and Gigi asks me where we are.


I show her and she says excitedly, "Here we are!"


In case you want to make your own visit or use their toilets instead of the porto-potties on your run/hike or are hungry and need a snack/drink, this place has it all.



Pleasantly surprised, we found the Visitor's Center to be visually stimulating & museum-ish. Definitely a good thing in my opinion :) Gigi will be four in June and Gavin two, so our "tour" needed to be brief and hands-on.



Here go the dynamic-duo opening drawers and learning a little bit about Native Americans.



They really appreciated the nature displays of animals in their habitats, most especially Gavin!


He would shriek in delight at the sight of an animal, point at them, and ask me what they were..that alone made the trip worthwhile ;D



I picked up my 2012 Trail Challenge t-shirt and picked up a couple of granola bars and water for our hike.


We chose a kid-friendly uphill stroll that had wooden steps.



Of course we were going at the pace of turtles because stepping up each one of those wide wooden planks was not easy for my boy.


We had ourselves some fun making the slow trek up with Gigi singing her hiking song...


and Gavin a total champ making his way up those planks...


And finally! We get there and make some memories ;D


My kids are definitely getting used to all my picture-taking because they sat themselves down and posed here on their own with only verbal prompting from me.


A definite scrap-bookable moment :)


And, he's off!!..

Impromptu-photo shoot coming to a close.


They take in the beautiful views....



..learn how to enjoy nature...



..and enjoy an active lifestyle while spending time with mommy :)



***

Here's the thing. I don't believe in waiting until the weekend or vacations or special occasions to celebrate. With some creativity, energy, and resourcefulness everyday escapes can be found very close to home and can lead to extraordinary adventures. 

Here's to livin' it up! One turtle step at a time.

Happy Monday Friends! 

1 comment:

  1. I love that trail in Coyote Hills! Your kiddies are so cute!! Here's to making the most of each day!! :).

    ReplyDelete