Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pulling My Weight

I am not afraid to admit that I have never been able to pull my own weight... body weight that is. Even when I had a stick-like-pre-adult-body, I was never strong enough to pull my own body weight.

This was something I set out to change late last year and I am pleased to see progress. According to my training log, in October 2011 I was only able to pull 30% of my total body weight (TBW).

In January 2012 this increased to 50% of TBW. Today, as I write this quick entry in the gym locker room, I am happy to report that I can now pull 75% of my TBW. Progress..makes me happy :)

I also want to get faster. My fastest timed mile in high school as a 17 year old was around 7 minutes 45 seconds. My goal this year as a 33 year old is to make it under 8 minutes. Today I clocked in at 8 minutes 16 seconds. Progress, again. Another happy face ;D

I'm not trying to be Wonderwoman. I just want to mold a better me, one turtle step at a time.
Goals make us better. Setting out to reach them makes us great.

Here's to defining what is truly important to us and being laser sharp on what our goals are. And most importantly, putting in the work to achieve them. Not for our significant others. Not even for our children, but for OURSELVES.

Why? Because we flippin' deserve it. Shoot, at least I know I do! LOL.

YOU DO TOO!!

Have an awesome week friends & stay dry out there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment